The bestselling guide for yoga teachers and trainers, revised and updated—a comprehensive Yoga Alliance-aligned manual of asanas, breathing techniques, yogic foundations, and more.
Revised and updated, Teaching Yoga by yoga expert Mark Stephens is one of the most popular resources for new and experienced teachers, and has been a trusted guide since its publication in 2010.
This classic resource covers fundamental topics of yoga history and philosophy, as well as each of the 11 major styles of contemporary yoga. There is also practical advice for every stage of the teaching process, including tools for teaching 108 yoga poses (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation.
The 2nd edition—adapted to meet the needs of the modern yoga teacher—features:
- Updated sections on yoga history and philosophy
- Discussions of trauma-sensitive yoga
- Coverage of cultural appropriation, racism, and sexism in yoga
- An inclusive approach that expands beyond the traditional vinyasa flow style
- New photos and illustrations
- 1-page summaries after each chapter
- An extended list of references for further learning
Developed to meet 100% of the teacher training curriculum standards set by Yoga Alliance, the world’s leading registry and accreditation source for yoga teachers and schools, Teaching Yoga is ideal for use as a core textbook in yoga teacher training programs.