Current North Atlantic Books job openings
There are currently no open positions. Please check back for potential employment opportunities.
Marketing and Publicity Internship
Looking for a publishing internship where you get to read, write, edit, and spend time on your favorite internet haunts? Good news! North Atlantic Books is seeking publicity and marketing interns to work in our Berkeley, California office.
North Atlantic Books is a leading publisher in the areas of bodywork, alternative health, diet and nutrition, metaphysics, literature, and quirky aspects of pop culture. Our Publicity and Marketing Interns gain valuable publishing experience and are involved in a variety of projects surrounding our newest titles, including participating at local Bay Area events, collaborating on social media and blog posts, and researching relevant trends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Building publicity contact lists for review mailings and e-blasts
– Researching blogs, websites and writers for specific book projects
– Writing galley letters and press releases
– Designing press kits
– Writing posts and designing materials for NAB’s social media and blog
– Tracking, clipping, and recording publicity hits as they arise
– Database entries and updates
– Fulfilling publicity requests for review copies, images, quotes
– Attending company, department, and author meetings
– Must be available to work between 12-20 hours per week
– Have excellent writing and research skills
– Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Have some interest in Adobe Creative Suite
– Can multi-task and prioritize assignments
– Are resourceful, creative thinkers, who can work independently and collaboratively
– Have some knowledge, experience, or interest in the material we publish
Ready to apply:
Feel free to apply any time! Typically our internships run as follows:
Fall: September – December
Spring: January – April
Summer: May – August
Submit a resume and cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the phrase Internship Application in your subject line.
If you are interested in an editorial internship, please contact Emily Boyd.