Blog Guidelines & Editorial Calendar
North Atlantic Books welcomes article queries and submissions for our blog. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Blog Submission” in the subject line.
We’re currently accepting articles, interviews, recipes, how-tos, and events announcements with an eye toward our genres of:
- Bodywork & Somatics
- Ecology & Sustainability
- Fitness & Sports
- Food & Nutrition
- Health & Healing
- Indigenous Culture & Anthropology
- Literature & the Arts
Please consider the following before submitting:
- Blog entries should be between 300 and 800 words. If you have a longer article in mind, please contact us before submitting.
- Articles that promote products will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All articles must include a two- to six-sentence author bio. A photo is optional.
- If we choose to run your article on our website, we may make minor edits for length and house style without consulting you. Any other changes to the content will be submitted for your approval before posting.
- Photos & images submitted for use must meet our minimum criteria:
- If you’d like to submit photos or images to run along with the article, please send them to us along with a credit line for the photographer/artist.
- Minimum size: 900 x 480 pixels
- Minimum resolution: 72 dpi
- When saving your images, please provide a descriptive name (e.g. greening-your-cleaning-image1)
Environmentalism and sustainability
Emotional and mental well-being