- Art & Architecture
- Biography & Memoir
- Bodywork & Somatics
- Children's Books
- Current & World Affairs
- Food, Diet & Nutrition
- Health & Healing
- Martial Arts
- Nature & Sustainability
- Psychology & Self Improvement
- Science & Cosmology
- Social & Cultural Studies
- Sports & Fitness
We welcome retailers and wholesalers who are interested in selling our books. For more information, refer to our information for booksellers.
Organizations that wish to use books for self-instruction, give them away as complimentary gifts, or purchase custom editions may buy our titles at a premium discount. Interested parties may contact Random House Special Markets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desk and/or examination copies:
We are pleased to provide complimentary desk copies of any adopted text. One desk copy is available for every twenty copies ordered. Random House does not ship desk copies to residences; they must be mailed in care of your institution. All requests are subject to availability and approval. Desk copies may be ordered online.
Examination copies are available to college professors or instructors seeking titles for adoption purposes. Requests must be made in writing on college letterhead stating the name and ISBN of the title. The charge for examination copies is $3.00 ($5.00 in Canada) per title for paperbacks and one half the cover price for hardcovers and paperbacks over $20. Make checks or money orders (no cash) payable to Random House LLC Examination copies are limited to ten per teacher per school year.
North Atlantic Books author orders:
Authors, please place orders through North Atlantic Books at email@example.com. Random House will not handle direct author orders.
Please be aware that:
• Random House ships author orders via standard Ground, which takes anywhere from 1-5 business days. Random House requires 1-3 business days to pick and pack your order, and North Atlantic Books requires 1-3 business days to process your order. In short, please expect your books to arrive approximately two weeks after placing your order with us.
• Random House generally does not rush author orders, or do expedited shipping. We ask that you order well in advance of your event or the date by which you need the books.
Consumer online ordering:
Please note that our shopping cart is powered by Random House. You will be redirected to RandomHouse.com for checkout. Your credit card statement will show "Random House."
Shipping & Handling:
Shipping fees for each order are based on the weight and speed for your order, plus a handling fee for each item in the shipment. There is a small per-item handling charge. Standard orders generally take two to three days to be processed through the warehouse. Expedited orders (overnight and two day delivery options) received before 12 noon Eastern time will ship the same day. Total order transit time will include the handling time plus shipping days. We offer the following shipping speeds:
• UPS Ground (3-7 business days)
• USPS 1st Class (5-9 business days)
• UPS/Airborne 2nd Day Air (2 business days)
• UPS Next Day Air (1 business day)
Online orders must be paid by American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
Tax is based on the state to which you have the book shipped,not the state in which you reside.
Further ordering questions:
Please refer to Random House's FAQ if you have further ordering questions.
If you would like the complete North Atlantic Books catalogue, please fill out our catalog request form.